In Bond and Duty Paid Storage
In Bond storage - Tanners Customer Reserves
Our new storage facility for Customer Reserves is based here at Shrewsbury; fully insured in temperature-controlled, optimum conditions, we store your wine for you at very competitive annual rates (see below), and you pay duty and VAT only on release – when you want to drink it!
Unlike some facilities, the wine is stored and handled at our own premises under the watchful eyes of John Melhuish and Graham Mason, so you can be certain of the best attention at all times. Contact either of them on 01743 234455 for further details.
How it works:
- Wines are shipped from source, stored quickly with no intermediate transport or warehouse involved
- Wines are stored in a temperature controlled environment for optimum slow maturation. This means the wine stays dry, above ground so no mouldy labels!
- All customer stocks are stored completely separately from Tanners own stock in secure, alarmed rooms. The building has camera surveillance.
- Wines are fully insured at replacement value
- There is no minimum storage requirement
- Annual stock certificates are issued in January with suggested ‘drinking times’
In Bond & Duty Paid Storage Rates
|Number of bottles of the same wine in store||2013 Annual rates inc VAT
(Invoiced in January for the year ahead)
|1 - 3 bottles||£3.48|
|4 - 6 bottles||£4.50|
|7 - 12 bottles||£9.00|
If you withdraw goods from storage before the end of February after we invoice you, we will credit the annual charge. After this, charges remain even if you withdraw goods before the start of the next charging period.
Wines put into storage after January are charged up to the end of that year as shown below:
Number of bottles of the same wine you wish to store
Part year rate including Intake Charge
|February to December||May to December||September to December|
|1 - 3 bottles||£6.19||£5.32||£4.16|
|4 - 6 bottles||£7.29||£6.24||£4.56|
|7 - 12 bottles||£11.58||£9.24||£6.12|
- All these charges are based on 75cl bottles. Other sizes are charged on an equivalent basis.
- On withdrawal from bond, the duty and VAT become due at the prevailing rates. The VAT is levied on the original purchase price. These charges will need paying before we can despatch.
- Please allow one week for the despatch of wines after you request removal.
- There is currently no charge for delivery to your home or work address when you withdraw stock. There is an £8.60 charge per case for transfer to a third party bond.
- Wines purchased from our main list will be stored on a duty paid basis.
- Some wines on our list are available to purchase ‘in bond’.
- If you requested storage when ordering lying abroad (en primeur) wines, they will by default be stored on an ‘in bond’ basis when shipped, with only the charges listed above levied.
- All cellarage terms are in accordance with or exceed the terms of the Bunch code of practice which states the following:
3 Customers' paid reserves,
3.1 All customers' paid reserves are stored separately from any stock belonging to the merchant, and such storage areas are clearly identified.
3.2 Separate stock records are maintained for all customers' reserves.
3.3 Every case held on behalf of a customer is clearly identified in a way that unambiguously asserts that customer’s ownership.
3.4 Individual stock certificates are supplied annually to each customer or on request.
3.5 No wines will be removed from individual customer reserves except on instructions from the owner or, where the customer requires frequent withdrawals from reserves (e.g. in the case of restaurants) following receipt of a letter of indemnity from the owner authorising verbal instructions.
3.6 Wines are insured on the customer’s behalf, at least to the value of the original purchase price.
3.7 Customers may inspect their duty paid reserves at any time during normal business hours, by prior appointment.
4.1 Members of The Bunch who provide bonded storage for customer reserves comply with the standards outlined above for duty paid stocks, consistent with the requirements of H.M. Customs and Excise.
Third Party Under Bond Delivery
We work closely with a number of other bonded warehouses. Delivery under bond must be specified at time of ordering. Shipping, insurance and delivery to third party UK bond is charged at time of shipment. At today’s rates, per dozen, these are 86p per bottle inc VAT. You must give your bond our documentation to show the value of the goods so that VAT can be charged on final withdrawal.