A cooler and wetter year than other recent vintages, this has endowed the wines of 2018 with greater freshness and lower alcohols. Across the country the wines are showing good aromatics, plenty of weight, and a juicy fresh character. Growers had a complex year in 2017 having to contend with frost, hail and drought. Yields are down as a result but the picture overall is of good quality particularly in Galicia and the South, Penedès also seems to have performed well. The 2016 vintage looks pretty good on the whole with Ribera del Duero, Rioja and Rueda having excellent results. 2015 was heralded as the best vintage across Spain in recent years, and particularly so in the north. 2014 saw some good wines made with a little rain in the second half of harvest and low yields. This came after the potentially great 2013 vintage which has given fresh, vibrant, robust wines. The 2012 harvest is also very good, a dry year but yields are low. The run of good to excellent quality goes back to 2002, with 2011 being an early harvest in good conditions. 2010 was a cooler year, which has delivered a more elegant style of wine. 2009 a warm year with a big harvest of excellent grapes.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- deliveries are currently taking a little longer than usual. You should receive your parcel in 3-5 working days but it is often quicker.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 3 - 5 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 10 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us