The House dates back to 1860 when Edmond de Ayala was given the Château de Aÿ and some prime vineyards as a dowry for his wedding. It developed rapidly, especially in England thanks to Edmond’s brother who was based in London to the extent that it received the Royal Warrant from Edward V11 in 1908, and also supplied the Spanish court as Edmond was descended from Spanish aristocracy.
View All Lines From This Producer >
In 1882 Ayala was one of the 18 founder members of the Syndicate of Grandes Marques. More recently, it was purchased by Champagne Bollinger in 2005 who have invested heavily in the house. Grapes are sourced from grand cru and premier cru vineyards, with the emphasis on grand cru Pinot Noir. The small size of the House enables long serving Cellar Master Nicolas Klym to pay special attention to grape quality and selection of the best juice.