Producer: Bruichladdich Distillery
Bruichladdich means Stoney Bank Shore and is situated on the Rhinns of Islay. Established in 1881 by the Harvey Brothers it went though various owners until in 1994 it was closed by it's then owners, Jim Beam Brands, as being surplus to requirements.
View All Lines From This Producer >
At the very end of 2000 it was bought by a group of private investors headed up by Mark Reynier of Murray McDavid. Jim McEwan, an islander who had been working as head distiller at Bowmore distillery across the sound, was hired as production Director. Today the distillery goes from strength to strength bottling everything naturally, without additives at 46% vol or cask strength. They regularly release new limited edtion whiskies which are much sought after. In 2012 the distillery was sold to the family owned, French company Rémy-Cointreau.