Château Mauvesin-Barton

Château Mauvesin-Barton

Situated in Moulis-en-Médoc this property dates back to 1457 when the first proprietor was Jean de Foix Grailly. The Château was re-built in 1853 as it stands today. The property is some 220ha with 51ha under vines. 

The property was bought on 4th August 2011 by Lilian and Michel Barton Sartorius the owners of Châteaux Léoville and Langoa Barton in Saint Julien. Following completion of her studies in Dijon their daughter Melanie return to help with the new project in 2013 and alongside cellar master Bruno Petit set about improving the vineyards. Melanie's brother, Damien, is also envolved with the sales and marketing of the properties wines.

  1. Ch Mauvesin Barton, Moulis
    Château Mauvesin-Barton, Moulis-en-Médoc 2011
    Merlot 13.0% Vol
    Bordeaux > Médoc & Left Bank
    A balanced attractive wine with good berried fruit and fine length. This fine estate was bought by...
    £19.95 per bottle