Overall the results are very good in 2018, though a warm wet early summer led to disease pressures in many parts of the country. The North East, home to Prosecco amongst others did particularly well; so too did Tuscany and Piedmont but yields are a little down in some estates. 2017 saw a small crop of excellent wines; spring frosts and a later heatwave nicknamed ‘Lucifer’ reduced yields but you’ll find good results on the whole with excellent results in Piedmont. Yields were down in 2016 but quality is high, Piedmont and Tuscany at least as good as 2015. 2015 is generally an excellent vintage across Italy, perhaps reds having the edge over whites. A year that necessitated a lot of work in the vineyards due to the rains, 2014 has produced some surprisingly good results with elegant fresh wines across the country. The long, cool growing season of 2013 produced aromatic, well-balanced wines, whilst 2012 showed particularly well in Tuscany and in sheltered sites in Piedmont. A warm growing season in 2011 gave powerful wines with ripe tannins in contrast to the cooler season of 2010 which gave fresher wines for mid-term drinking. 2009 was another warm year with higher alcohol, ripe tannins and good aromatics.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- our couriers are exceptionally busy and deliveries may take longer than usual especially as the situation develops.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 1 - 3 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 6 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us