Potentially a very good vintage in 2018 with no frosts in the early part of the season though rain in the first half of summer caused some disease pressure. Hail affected Nuits-St-Georges and the Hautes-Côtes reducing yields. The resulting wines are rich and concentrated. Quantities in 2017 will be better than 2016 with equally good results. Early indications are the wines will be more red-fruited than black, showing great elegance. 2016 proved a rollercoaster of a season with everything thrown at the growers in the early season but what fruit survived through to harvest is very good. Quantities, however, are small. 2015 is looking to be a memorable vintage for red Burgundy, certainly on the rich side. The red wines of 2014 are more ‘classic’, have a great combination of red and black fruits as well as being charmingly approachable in their youth. After a late start and a cool summer, a dry September saved the day in 2013, the Pinot being light but very pure. This followed another difficult year in 2012 weather-wise though the resultant wines are soft and attractive and this in turn was preceded by a year of tricky weather in 2011. The wonderful duo of 2010 and 2009 gave elegant age-worthy wines in the former, and bigger, riper, very drinkable wines in the latter.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- deliveries are currently taking a little longer than usual. You should receive your parcel in 5-7 working days but it is often quicker.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 5 - 7 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 10 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us