The history of this estate is recorded back to 1410 when it was mentioned in the estate of a man called John de Gosborne. It is situated close to what used to be the Kent coastland before the creation of Romney Marshes and is just behind the Royal Military Canal.
It comprises over 200 hectares on south facing slopes of which 20 are given over to vines and a further 10 being planted. The vineyard dates from 2004 when current owner Andrew Weeber decided it would be an ideal vineyard site. The soil is free draining clay and loam with a warm microclimate and the influence of the sea nearby giving a long growing season. Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier are planted, all carefully selected clones and rootstocks. Fermentation is in stainless steel and the resulting wines are aged in bottle on their lees for at least 22 months following the ‘champagne method’. There are plans to build a new winery and visitor centre and the investment in equipment throughout has been substantial. The aim throughout is to produce high quality wines but remaining a family business.