“A glorious vintage” said one grower, amongst many superlatives being bandied about for 2018. For the first time in 10 years growers are happy with the quantity and the quality. The resulting wines are pure, rich, aromatic, and show a fine acidity. An early harvest following frost earlier in the season means 2017 has produced excellent light, fruity wines with great finesse. Weather conditions were tricky in 2016 and growers had to earn their stripes; the early season was wet, which reduced yields, followed by a hot summer with cool nights bringing excellent aromatics but with wines a little lighter than 2015. The brilliant 2015 vintage took place in ideal conditions and produced wonderfully ripe wines in all styles. Kabinetts are a bit short in quantity but the dry wines especially are very approachable. 2014 saw a good crop of light, well-balanced wines with well-integrated acidity. This followed the rather lower yielding 2013 which afforded the wines good acid structure. 2012 and 2011 both produced high quality wines. Like 2013, 2010 was another low-yielding vintage, giving concentrated wines with good acidity. On the other hand, 2009 was a great vintage with a warm, dry, consistent growing season.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- deliveries are currently taking a little longer than usual. You should receive your parcel in 4 working days but it is often quicker.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 4 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 10 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us