Kaesler Vineyards’ origins lie with Silesian immigrants to the Barossa Valley in the 1840s. By 1891 the Kaesler family estate covered 96 acres of Shiraz, Mourvedre, Grenache and white Hermitage varietal vines, grown originally for fortified wines.
View All Lines From This Producer >
Despite the often pressing need to diversify into more lucrative fruit production, trends for white varieties over red and the government-sponsored vine pulls of the 1980s, the century-old vines have survived, even if the land was split between the Kaesler descendants. A consortium led by winemaker Reid Bosward began piecing the estate together again from 1999 with the intention of building a boutique winery making quality wines from this intense fruit.