2018 was a very good vintage in the end but mildew, hail, and a heatwave all served to reduce yields. The harvest across the region took place in near ideal conditions. 2017 is good in terms of quality but very short on quantity, following frosts in the Spring that decimated certain properties. 2016 is a worthy successor to 2015, on a par qualitatively and looking very promising across all wine types. A hot summer but with cool nights has produced wines with fruit and freshness. 2015 is exceptionally good across the region for reds, especially the Right Bank, Pessac-Léognan, dry whites (better for Sauvignon than Sémillon) and sweeties: it is certainly the best vintage since 2010. 2014 is a very good Cabernet vintage, particularly in the Médoc where the wines are fresh with fine tannins. Overall, ripeness levels are good and so are quantities. The 2013 and 2012 vintages were not particularly easy for the Bordelais, requiring dedication in the vineyard and modern techniques in the winery. Plenty of attractive short and medium-term wines have been made, but yields are low. Like 2008, 2006 and 2001, the 2011s are fresh, well balanced wines of good quality for the mid-term. 2010 is a truly great vintage, the wines having concentrated fruit and complexity together with the tannic structure needed for long life – and 2009, without extremes of weather, now being spoken of as one of the very best of recent times: approachable early, yet with the density and structure to last.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- deliveries are currently taking a little longer than usual. You should receive your parcel in 5-7 working days but it is often quicker.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 5 - 7 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 10 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us