A seriously good vintage here in 2018 as the region escaped the frosts which have plagued recent years. They have a good crop of rich, aromatic whites across the region as a result. In spite of a familiar and now all-too-frequent late frost in 2017 the growers in the Côte d’Or were better prepared and the vintage looks to have delivered some excellent results, with many domaines back to ‘normal’ yields. In the Mâconnais and Chablis growers were not quite so lucky with yields down for the second year but wines of excellent quality. What there is in 2016 is very good but sadly frost and hail had a bigger than usual impact this year, particularly in Chablis and the Mâconnais, but almost no-one escaped unscathed. 2015 has produced round, full whites with good, ripe fruit. 2014 started well enough with an early spring but a cooler than average summer, and hailstorms in the south, reduced yields. The resultant wines, however, have elegance and beautiful balance. A cold season in 2013 meant yields were low but good growers have produced some very drinkable wines. Another low-yielding vintage, 2012, gave some attractive wines but not much volume. The tricky conditions of 2011 gave some good juicy wines for short and mid-term drinking. While the Burgundians favour the ethereal style of the succulent 2010s, they contrast well with the much riper, fleshier wines of 2009.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- deliveries are currently taking a little longer than usual. You should receive your parcel in 3-5 working days but it is often quicker.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 3 - 5 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 10 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us