The Pontemagno wine producing company was founded in 1955 in the village of St Paolo de Jesi by Giovanni Piersanti and his children Silveria and Carlo, who had already acquired a notable expertise in the field of sparkling wines. Later on Carlo's sons, Giuliano and Ottavio, took over the business.
They have inherited from their father the passion for hard work receiving great satisfaction in return. In the beginning the wine house was no more than a room, where mostly sparkling wines were bottled, since they were the most popular. In the mid-eighties, by following more and more demanding market requirements, Piersanti enlarged its premises and built a modern warehouse of more than 2,000 square metres, which has now become the core of the business, with a capacity of over 20,000 quintals (2,000 tonnes) of wine in stainless steel tanks.