Tiny yields for the second year in a row in 2018, after the previous year’s drought finally broke in spectacular fashion. Heavy rain caused soil erosion and hail was also a problem. A hot summer saved what was left in terms of quality but could not make up for the yields already lost. 2017 proved to be a hot, dry year with one of the earliest harvests on record and yields down about 35% but the quality is very good for table wine. 2016 was a complex but ultimately satisfying year with a wet winter followed by a summer that was drier and warmer than usual; the resulting wines show great balance and concentration in both red and white. 2015 was excellent and reds and whites have depth and concentration. Cooler conditions in 2014 produced some of the best whites yet. After a slow start, 2013 gave high quality wines in the end, drinking well now. 2012 was a low-yielding vintage which produced concentrated reds with good acidity that should keep. A drought year in 2011 gave great quality wines, whilst 2010 produced plenty of wine, some of which lacked a little definition. Another hot year in 2009 meant good ripeness but alcohol levels are high.
In response to Covid-19 please be aware that:
- our couriers are exceptionally busy and deliveries may take longer than usual especially as the situation develops.
- if you select ‘Addressee only – obtain signature’ at checkout then the delivery driver will place the delivery on your doorstep, knock/ring and then take a couple of steps back. They will wait for the door to be answered and then ask for the recipient’s name, to ensure the delivery is being made correctly, then manually enter the name into their system.
- unfortunately we are currently unable to offer Next Weekday Before Noon and Saturday deliveries
Express Mainland UK Delivery
Usually delivered within 3 - 7 working days, 8am to 6pm.
|£8.50 Per Delivery Address
||FREE On Orders Over £120
Next Weekday AM
Order by 2pm Mon - Fri for next weekday AM delivery
|£12.00 Currently unavailable
Saturday Delivery AM
Order by 2pm Fri for Saturday AM delivery
|£20.00 Currently unavailable
Delivery to other areas - additional charges
- Deliveries to the Isle of Wight are £5 per case
- Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles are £10 per case
- The main Scottish Islands and Isle of Man are £15 per case
You should allow up to 6 working days for delivery to these areas. There may be additional delays caused by the Covid-19 situation.
Please note: we do not export from the UK.
For full delivery details click here
Click & Collect
Click & Collect is unfortunately currently unavailable online due to the Covid-19 situation.
Find out more about Click & Collect.
You will appreciate that stock positions are subject to continual change in a multi-channel business. Very occasionally, an item may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order. We will attempt to contact you to discuss an alternative. In the event that we cannot reach you, to ensure a timely delivery, we will substitute with a similar item of equal or higher value (at no additional cost), unless requested not to do so in your order's delivery instructions.
If you don't like any wine that you buy from us, for whatever reason, return it within a month of purchase and we shall refund your money without question or delay. Please telephone on 01743 234455 or contact us