Producer: Maison Sichel
Maison Sichel is one of Bordeaux's foremost négociant houses and has been supplying wine to Tanners for over 100 years. They first set up a simple acquisitions office in Bordeaux, at 19 Quai de Bacalan, in 1883 which procured wines for their companies in Mainz, London and New York.
View All Lines From This Producer >
This office still exists and today is the group’s elegant headquarters. Six generations of the Sichel family have been at the helm since. In 1938, Allan Sichel along with other partners bought a dilapidated Château Palmer, and in 1961 Peter A. Sichel purchased Château Angludet. Both properties saw extensive renovation and development over four decades, and today are very highly respected Bordeaux properties. In 1967 Sichel built and became the first Bordeaux merchant to have its own winemaking facility. Today they have very modern production and high tech storage facilities outside the city. Their collection of wine estates currently covers 350 hectares of vines, and ever continues to expand.