In Bond and Duty Paid Storage
In Bond storage - Tanners Customer Reserves
Tanners Customer Reserves are stored under temperature-controlled conditions. We store your wine for you at very competitive annual rates (see below), and you pay duty and VAT only on release – when you want to drink it!
Unlike some facilities, the wine is stored and handled at our own premises under the watchful eyes of John Melhuish and Graham Mason, so you can be certain of the best attention at all times. Contact either of them on 01743 234455 for further details.
How it works
- Wines are stored in a temperature controlled environment for optimum slow maturation. This means the wine stays dry, above ground so no mouldy labels!
- All customer stocks are stored completely separately from Tanners own stock in secure, alarmed rooms. The building has camera surveillance.
- Wines are fully insured at replacement value
- There is no minimum storage requirement
- Annual stock certificates are issued in March with suggested ‘drinking times’
From 1st March 2016 - all prices are inclusive of VAT
Initial taking in administration charge is £3.00 per product.
Annual In Bond & Duty Paid storage charges:
- £0.80 per bottle (75cl)
Other sizes are charged pro rata (e.g.):
- £0.40 per half (37.5cl)
- £1.60 per magnum (150cl)
If you withdraw goods from storage before the end of April after we invoice you, we will credit the annual charge. After this, charges remain even if you withdraw goods before the start of the next charging period. Wines put into storage after March are charged pro rata.
Non Payment of Storage Charges
Payment of storage charges levied must be settled within 30 days of the date of invoice.
If these charges are unpaid, after a further written reminder, we reserve the right to sell some or all of your goods by any method at our discretion. We will deduct all outstanding charges and any extra costs involved in the sale, legal fees, searches* etc.
Any monies left over from this transaction will be held in abeyance for the customer to claim for a period of 24 months. After this period these monies will be forfeit.
*It is the responsibility of customers to advise us of any changes in contact details.
- All these charges are based on 75cl bottles. Other sizes are charged on a pro rata basis.
- On withdrawal from bond, the duty and VAT become due at the prevailing rates. The VAT is levied on the original purchase price. These charges will need paying before we can despatch.
- Please allow one week for the despatch of wines after you request removal. We request that you do not ask for deliveries of your wines in December.
- There is currently no charge for delivery to your home or work address (UK mainland) when you withdraw stock. There is a £9 charge per case for transfer to a third party bond for 1-3 cases and a flat rate of £35 for 4 cases or more.
- Most wines purchased from our main list will be stored on a duty paid basis.
- Some wines on our list are available to purchase ‘in bond’.
- If you requested storage when ordering en primeur (lying abroad) wines, they will by default be stored on an ‘in bond’ basis when shipped, with only the charges listed above levied.
- All cellarage terms are in accordance with or exceed the terms of the Bunch code of practice which states the following about Customers' paid reserves:
3.1 All customers' paid reserves are stored separately from any stock belonging to the merchant, and such storage areas are clearly identified.
3.2 Separate stock records are maintained for all customers' reserves.
3.3 Every case held on behalf of a customer is clearly identified in a way that unambiguously asserts that customer’s ownership.
3.4 Individual stock certificates are supplied annually to each customer or on request.
3.5 No wines will be removed from individual customer reserves except on instructions from the owner or, where the customer requires frequent withdrawals from reserves (e.g. in the case of restaurants) following receipt of a letter of indemnity from the owner authorising verbal instructions.
3.6 Wines are insured on the customer’s behalf, at least to the value of the original purchase price.
3.7 Customers may inspect their duty paid reserves at any time during normal business hours, by prior appointment.
4.1 Members of The Bunch who provide bonded storage for customer reserves comply with the standards outlined above for duty paid stocks, consistent with the requirements of H.M. Customs and Excise.