Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira

Situated on the north bank of the river, opposite Quinta do Vesúvio, in the hot, dry Douro Superior. Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira was acquired by George Warre for Dow’s in 1890 and has been a fundamental component of Dow’s Vintage Ports ever since. There is a small chapel on site, which has stood there for centuries, dedicated to the ‘Lady of the River’ (literally Senhora da Ribeira). A small winery was built in 1890 but in 2001 it was remodelled with three modern lagares, which fully replaced the traditional granite lagars from the 2007 vintage.

Filter

Filter Filter and sort 0 products

Close
Clear all